Cold, Spiced Rice Noodles

I'm always thinking that I want to make spring rolls. Because I do want to make them. Well, I want to make them up until the point I actually start rolling them, anyway. This was born of one of those times. As tends to happen, when I wanted the spring rolls I just made a full package of rice noodles, and when I was tired of rolling, I had a lot of noodles left. This little "salad" is what has come of having too many noodles left and no desire to throw them away or cook them again. It's pretty wonderful, though, and I hope you all enjoy it!

1 package rice or tapioca noodles
water
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon bread dipping spice blend (you know the ones you put in olive oil? Those)

Boil water and add noodles. Cook for approximately 8 minutes (or until done). Strain, then rinse with cold water until no longer warm to touch. Mix with the remaining ingredients and serve. Serves 4-8, depending on if this is a meal or a salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil