Pita Nachos

I mentioned pita nachos the other day, in reference to the salsa and the pita chips. But I didn't actually really tell you about the pita nachos. Like I said before, I had a lot of frozen pita, and also a lot of frozen cheddar. Some of the simplest nachos we can have are just some tortilla chips topped with cheese and baked. I didn't see a reason not to do this with the pita, since there really was a LOT of it. Now I am down to maybe 7 more loaves of pita, but I doubt they'll last that long, using this recipe. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 - 1 batch of pita chips
1/2 - 1 cup cheddar cheese (I like a lot of cheese, but I don't know what y'all like)
some sort of pre-cooked meat, if desired (I didn't use this)
refried beans, if desired (I didn't use this either, but I like to keep my options open)

Heat oven to 400F. Put chips on an oven-proof plate (if you're like me, and don't have one of those, just use a baking dish - they eat just as easily off a baking dish as they do off a plate). Top with beans and/or meat if you're using it, then top with cheese. Put in the oven and let cook a few minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top nachos with corn salsa and maybe some extra slices of pickled jalapenos if you like that sort of garnish. Serves 1-4 (depending on if this is an appetizer for several or a meal for one).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil