Oil-Cured Olive Pizza

I discovered some oil-cured olives tucked into a corner of the fridge. They must be leftovers from the last time I made puttanesca. Luckily for me, there was enough for me to not only have a pizza, but to munch on a few as well. Since I had the last half of the pizza dough to use up before I started cooking new meals, it seemed like the best choice for them. Again, it was a simple meal that was easy to make and tasted amazing. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 batch pizza dough
1/2 - 3/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup roughly chopped and pitted oil-cured olives
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup mozzarella or pizza cheese mix
1/4 cup crumbled feta

Preheat oven to 500F - 550F. Roll, press or toss out your dough (I've really enjoyed pressing them out recently with my fingertips). Top with half the onion, then sauce, then cheese, then olives and remaining onion, then sprinkle feta on the top. Slide into oven and bake 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza 180 degrees and bake another 5 minutes. Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serves 1-2.

Comments

  1. ok.. i'm officially hungry! an amazing pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, BuJ! I thoroughly enjoyed eating it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil