Corn and Black Bean Salsa

I found a surprisingly large number of pitas in my freezer, in addition to quite a lot of cheddar cheese. It seemed to me that I like nachos, and I like pita chips, and maybe I could combine the two concepts and make pita nachos. But nachos just aren't very good if you don't have any salsa to eat. I didn't really want to make a traditional salsa, because I knew I wouldn't actually eat it all in a timely fashion. But by making a bean and corn salsa, it's more than likely that I'd eat any leftovers with a spoon. I like using the white corn because the contrast between the black beans and the white corn is really striking. So here it is. Hope you enjoy!

1 can white corn
1 cup black beans
1 diced tomato
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 stalk diced celery
1-2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno (you could use fresh if you have it)
juice of 2-3 limes
salt and pepper to taste

Mix well. Chill before serving. Makes about 3-4 cups.

Comments

  1. That looks so good. And cold. If my beans weren't dry in a bag, I'd be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have one of those little bitty crock pots (I think it's called a little dipper)? I just toss a couple handfuls of beans in there, fill w/ water and a touch of salt, then come back in the morning. If they've been on all day, then I unplug before bed and come back in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope- just a big one. They'd only take a couple hours, really, I just don't want to move that much. Maybe when it cools down a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on that. I have the oven going right now, and I wish it was the middle of the night so I wouldn't be drowning in my own sweat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil