Chicken Parmesan... In a Manner of Speaking

I say, "in a manner of speaking," because there is breaded chicken, there's cheese, and there's tomato sauce. However, as a generally strictly-from-scratch kind of girl, I can't in fairness call this a proper chicken parmesan, since I used some pre-made ingredients. Like uh... pre-breaded chicken. So just go with it. I'm in the middle of prepping for an exam about things I only marginally understand, and I'm about to take another test. So I feel pretty good about the fact that I didn't go to McDonald's again, even if what I made only marginally counts as cooking (imo).

1 pound pre-breaded chicken breast (or you could always do this the right way and bread it yourself)
3 grams (that's .1 ounce, or in other words, just a little bit) each: dried lobster and pine mushrooms
1 cup warm water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 clove garlic
1 anchovy, or .25 teaspoon anchovy paste
pinch sugar
.5-1 teaspoon italian seasonings
2-4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (who'm I to say how much cheese you like? I like a lot).

Put dried mushrooms in a bowl. Add warm water and let sit until swollen. Remove mushrooms, reserving liquid. Chop mushrooms into little bits. Put the mushrooms, the mushroom water, tomato sauce, sugar and italian seasonings into a small saucepan. Bring to a slow boil. Chop the garlic finely, then add the anchovy and mush them together until they're a paste. Add it to the saucepan. Let this mixture hang out and reduce for about an hour.

Once the sauce is put together and melding, heat the oven to 375F. Put your chicken breasts on a cookie sheet and when the oven is heated, add them. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them over and give them another 10 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and top with sauce (and more cheese if you want). Serves 2.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:20 PM

    I've bookmarked your blog a while ago. I can't even remember how I got to it. But I love your recipes and have been copying some of them.

    Best of luck with the exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and welcome! I'm glad you like the recipes.

    I'm still working on my calculus review, so hopefully I'll get it done soon (or done enough that I am too tired to care if it's finished).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil