Beef Filet and Grilled Vegetables

One more little bit of camping food, and then I'll move on to other things. Technically, I did not grill the vegetables. I cooked them on a hot rock. But since I find it more likely that people reading this will own a grill than a hot rock, let's just go with the whole grill thing.

1.5 pounds filet
1 teaspoon each: whole cumin seeds, lemon zest, orange zest, italian spices, peppercorns, salt
3 tablespoons olive oil

1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 6 planks
1 bell pepper, cut into 6 pieces
6 button mushrooms, cut in half
1 large onion, cut into 6 rounds
3 lemons, halved

Slice filet into .25"-.5" rounds. Crush the cumin, zests, italian spices, peppercorns and salt in a mortar (or use pre-ground. I've just been really into the mortar and pestle lately, so I'm crushing everything I can get my hands on, and I've been only buying whole spices recently). Mix olive oil in, then slather all over the beef. Let it marinate at least 2 hours, or as much as 24 hours (we ate brisket, so it sat in the cooler marinating an extra day which made the beef extra-special flavourful and tender). Grill/hot rock/put-it-in-a-pan the beef rounds for 2 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.

Grill/whatever the vegetables AND the lemon halves. You may salt the veggies if you want, but I opted to just let them be themselves. Squeeze grilled lemons on top of veggies (and meat, if you like). Serves 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil