Hi. I just wanted to pop in and tell you guys I really haven't been cooking lately. Over spring break, P and I went to Dallas to visit our friend D, and we ate stupid amounts of meat. Since we've been home, I've been slammed with homework, preparing to be the dramaturg for a play on the 16th, getting things set up for my school transfer in the fall and baking. A lot. Usually, I make these ridiculous batches of bread dough, and I freeze most of the dough. But with Pesach coming along, I've been trying to bake it all so I don't have to throw it away. In terms of eating, I have to admit, we've been eating mostly foods I've canned before ( meat sauce mainly), simple pastas (though mostly w/ sauteed mushrooms and preserved lemons lately, as it's quicker). Or eating fast food. Oh, and I found some breaded chicken in the freezer, so we had "oven wings" and oven fries one day. Tomorrow I intend to make several salads (my parsley is bolting, so I ...
Nopales scare me. I don't know why, the fruit is tasty (well, as candy, jelly, or in salsa/ booze...) but the leaves, they're just scary.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Wow, that's a lot of Most of's. Your cave will be empty in no time! Or, you know, sometime next decade, depending on what you're hiding.
You know, I love the fruit but I find them a little scary myself. I think it's because I know they're sweet and wonderful and yet can poke you with their little stingers all the same. The leaves I just buy canned (in jars) and then I don't have to mess with it at all, which is nice - just pull out what I want and done!
ReplyDeleteI need to start back on the beans again. I haven't been eating them in a while, and I think it's holding up my progress.