Mushroom Bread Topping

To say that I have a lot of bread in the house is a serious understatement. I have like, five pizza's worth of dough frozen, a loaf of challah that's made it into the freezer and a full loaf of sourdough. It's a lot of bread. Since sometimes when I have bread, I kind of just want to rip off chunks of it and eat it as is, I figured I should make something that would be conducive to eating bread like this but without eating ONLY bread.

Leftover from the study party, there were some mushrooms and I of course had a lot of onions lying around, since they're nature's perfect flavouring for... well, everything. Adding some mint to it seemed like a good idea. This is a really simple recipe. You could eat it by itself, top a steak or fish with it, put it on mashed potatoes or slather it onto hunks of bread, as I did. Hope you enjoy!

1/4 large onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
1/4 pound (ish) sliced button mushrooms
1/8 - 1/4 cup ripped mint leaves
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the onion and salt. Fry lightly for 2-3 minutes, then add mushroom and turn the heat to low. Cook about 5 minutes, then add the mint and lemon juice. With the heat now on the lowest setting, cook until everything is golden, slightly mushy looking and fragrant.

As an aside, my camera has decided it doesn't feel like participating in my life right now, so no pictures. Whenever I figure out what's wrong with it, I'll start having pictures again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil