Chicken and Lentil Soup

This is, for sure, a lazy soup. I'm sick, so I just wanted something warm, nutritious and requiring little effort from me. Normally I would've fried up the veggies first but today, it all gets boiled together. You should, of course, make it as you see fit. Hope you enjoy!

3 chicken tenders
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 dried lime (optional)
6 whole cloves garlic
1 slice dried galanga or ginger (or fresh slice)
1 cup each: zucchini, cut into planks; celery, cut into 1-2" chunks
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup lentils
water as needed
1 cup shredded cabbage

Put everything but the cabbage in a pot, cover with the lid and bring to a boil. Boil 20 minutes. Then add the cabbage (and water if you need to), replace the lid and cook another 20 minutes. Check that the lentils are done, and if they're not cook a little longer. Serves 1 sick person or 2-4 regular ones.

No picture today, since I don't know where my camera is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil