Sweet Potato and Avocado Spring Rolls

My second half of avocado survived long enough for me to make spring rolls. Are you proud I didn't chow it down without doing anything with it? These are really easy to make, and are perfect for on the go eating. I would normally serve these with a peanut sauce, but strangely I have no peanut butter. You can make a peanut sauce if you like for them, though. Then I thought I'd just make a quick sauce with hoisin and sriracha, but I was too lazy so I just ate them all plain. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 package rice or tapioca vermicelli, broken in half
water
salt
2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 sweet potato, roasted and sliced thinly
1/2 large avocado, sliced thinly and sprinkled with the lime juice
juice of 1/2 lime
10 spring roll wrappers
large bowl of very cold water

Boil water with salt, then add vermicelli and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add sesame oil and vinegar to noodles and mix well. Soak one sheet of spring roll wrapper in the cold water, then put it on a plate. Put a slice of sweet potato and a slice of avocado on the wrapper, then add a bundle of the noodles. Wrap tightly and put on another plate, then cover with a damp paper towel. Repeat. Makes 10 rolls.

Comments

  1. Ooh, that looks good. Sounds good, too. I have less than half that stuff, tho, so I'd have to Frankenstein it. Bad Idea.

    So I'll just dream about it instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be very, very interested to see a Frankenstein version. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil