Salami Avocado Salad

I just can't seem to eat enough avocados for my happiness right now. Mostly I love to just mix them up with tomatoes, as you know, or eat them with a spoon straight from the shell. But sometimes I like to poke around in my fridge and see what's in there that might be good with the avocado-of-the-day (speaking of which, if enough of the avocado makes it, you'll be seeing some in spring rolls soon; if enough doesn't make it, you won't be). Today I found some beautiful artisan salami tucked in a bin in the fridge, and of course I always have several kinds of pickled foods. So I made this. It's really nice with the creamy, sweetness of the avocado, the firm-but-yielding fattiness of the salami and the salty crunch of the pickles. All made better with a little lime. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 large avocado, cubed
1/3 cup diced salami
1 pickle, diced (I used Arabic pickles this time)
juice of 1/2 lime
salt if desired (I didn't use it since salami and pickles are both salty, but you could)

Mix together, then run away where no one can see you so you don't have to share. Eat. Serves 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil