Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just Popping In

Hi. I just wanted to pop in and tell you guys I really haven't been cooking lately. Over spring break, P and I went to Dallas to visit our friend D, and we ate stupid amounts of meat. Since we've been home, I've been slammed with homework, preparing to be the dramaturg for a play on the 16th, getting things set up for my school transfer in the fall and baking. A lot. Usually, I make these ridiculous batches of bread dough, and I freeze most of the dough. But with Pesach coming along, I've been trying to bake it all so I don't have to throw it away.

In terms of eating, I have to admit, we've been eating mostly foods I've canned before (meat sauce mainly), simple pastas (though mostly w/ sauteed mushrooms and preserved lemons lately, as it's quicker). Or eating fast food. Oh, and I found some breaded chicken in the freezer, so we had "oven wings" and oven fries one day.

Tomorrow I intend to make several salads (my parsley is bolting, so I figured I should use it all before it goes to seed). Some tabouleh, a modified shepherd's salad, pasta salad and some kind of potato salad. Plus a dozen hard boiled eggs. Simple snacks for hungry, over-worked students.

Because I'm so pressed for time right now, I've been going with quick stand-by recipes, stuff I've made and canned or eating out. I'm sorry, but I have nothing new right now.

On my honour, I'll have something new for you soon. It might actually not be until Pesach, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I figured since I've been neglectful of you, I'd revisit some old favourites you might also enjoy, by sprinkling the links in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself first. We'll all be here where you're set to post again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I'm working my way through everything slowly, so I'll be back w/ recipes as soon as I'm not overwhelmed! In the meantime, I'm posting an email series on frugal pantry and freezer stocking.

    ReplyDelete