Just Popping In

Hi. I just wanted to pop in and tell you guys I really haven't been cooking lately. Over spring break, P and I went to Dallas to visit our friend D, and we ate stupid amounts of meat. Since we've been home, I've been slammed with homework, preparing to be the dramaturg for a play on the 16th, getting things set up for my school transfer in the fall and baking. A lot. Usually, I make these ridiculous batches of bread dough, and I freeze most of the dough. But with Pesach coming along, I've been trying to bake it all so I don't have to throw it away.

In terms of eating, I have to admit, we've been eating mostly foods I've canned before (meat sauce mainly), simple pastas (though mostly w/ sauteed mushrooms and preserved lemons lately, as it's quicker). Or eating fast food. Oh, and I found some breaded chicken in the freezer, so we had "oven wings" and oven fries one day.

Tomorrow I intend to make several salads (my parsley is bolting, so I figured I should use it all before it goes to seed). Some tabouleh, a modified shepherd's salad, pasta salad and some kind of potato salad. Plus a dozen hard boiled eggs. Simple snacks for hungry, over-worked students.

Because I'm so pressed for time right now, I've been going with quick stand-by recipes, stuff I've made and canned or eating out. I'm sorry, but I have nothing new right now.

On my honour, I'll have something new for you soon. It might actually not be until Pesach, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I figured since I've been neglectful of you, I'd revisit some old favourites you might also enjoy, by sprinkling the links in this post.

Comments

  1. Take care of yourself first. We'll all be here where you're set to post again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I'm working my way through everything slowly, so I'll be back w/ recipes as soon as I'm not overwhelmed! In the meantime, I'm posting an email series on frugal pantry and freezer stocking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil