Purim Steak

I don't use my own recipe for hamantashen, and I'm sure you've all been bombarded with recipes for them the last few days. So today, I post the Purim dinner we had. Steak and roasted vegetables. We got a big porterhouse to share, but I think this would work fine with individually portioned steaks as well. I totally forgot to take pictures of the steak until I'd cut it up for us, but you'll get the idea. Hope you enjoy!

Steak/Steak Marinade:

1-2 tablespoons each: tahini, pomegranate molasses
1-2 teaspoons each: marjoram, sumac, aleppo pepper, salt
1/2 teaspoon each: ground galangal (or ginger), garlic powder
1/4 cup each: lemon juice, olive oil

Whisk together the ingredients. Put marinade and steak in bowl or plastic bag and marinate for a couple hours. Turn once per hour. Grill steak. Serves 2.



Roasted Vegetables

2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
8 new potatoes, cut into quarters (or eighths if larger)
1 small white onion, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic (4-6 cloves)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2-3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
1/8 cup each: lemon juice, vegetable oil
1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley

Heat oven to 400F. Roast 40 minutes or until done. Serves 2.

Comments

  1. Allie, your dinner looks delicious. Hope the company was as good as the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    I enjoyed it thoroughly. Was a much needed reprieve (for an hour, anyway) from my homework! All this homework is keeping me from doing anything fun, over all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Purim!! :-) Your Purim feast sounds incredible - I love the idea of marinading the steak in tahini! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Purim to you too, Astra! Your feast looked delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Very unique marinade, Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the congratulations!! :-) I want to work in the ICU eventually, so an urgent care/ER setting would be awesome experience right now... Cross your fingers for me as I apply for jobs! :-)

    I keep meaning to ask you, 'cause I know you're a fellow student - what are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mayanne,

    Thanks! Unique is exactly what I was shooting for that evening. :)

    Astra,

    Fingers crossed! I'm studying math. Crazy major, I knwo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil