Pasta Salad

Today is the day where I make a slew of salads and such for P to eat while I'm out of town for the weekend. This is among the things I made*:

1 package salad macaroni
2 teaspoons salt

1 large tomato, diced
6 pickles, diced (sometimes I just use prepared dill relish)
2 cups diced bell pepper
1 cup diced celery
.5 cup sliced scallion (or diced onion)
2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (more if you like it wet)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon each: celery salt, cumin, dry mustard, cayenne, paprika, coriander seed, garlic powder, onion powder (when I'm feeling sassy, I add some fenugreek, too)
1 teaspoon each: seasoned salt, lemon pepper

Cook macaroni with salt. Drain and cool. Combine with other ingredients, stir well. Chill, eat. Makes 2 quarts.

*Ok... in all honesty, I only make half batches of this. He usually eats the whole bowl in one sitting, so I am scared for him if I make the whole thing. But mainly this is how you make it. Oh, and if you like more flavourings, change it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil