Orange Smoothie

Am I the only one who misses Orange Julius? Do they still exist in places I never am? What's the deal w/ it all? Anyway, I've been making this, as my own version of an orange julius since I was a kid. I hope you like it too.

3 cups orange juice (or one small container orange juice concentrate, which is what I typically use)
½ cup ice cubes
2 eggs*
1½ teaspoons – 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar

Put all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.

*Yes, raw can cause salmonella. I don't worry about it, but if you do worry about it, perhaps some powdered egg and water replacement will work for you.

Comments

  1. They exist! Supposedly there's one in the Glendale Galleria (out here in CA) and I know there's one in the Mary Esther Mall in Fort Walton Beach, FL. (Both still pretty damn far to go for an Oranage Julius!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really far! But you can go drink one for me, and I can live vicariously. If it's been a while, might be a fun outing for you and the Boy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil