French Toast

There are two ways I like to make french toast. The first is the more savoury version, where I heavily salt and pepper the egg mixture. Usually I only make this type of french toast if I'm the only one eating. The sweeter version, which I make for others, is what I made on the camping trip. So here it is:

6 slices white bread
3 eggs
1 tablespoon cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
.25 teaspoon cinnamon
.5 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons butter

Heat one tablespoon of butter in skillet. Whisk eggs, cream, salt, vanilla and cinnamon together. Soak two slices of bread in the egg mixture (both sides). Fry slices of bread in pan until the bottom forms a nice crust. Flip over and fry other side. Remove from pan to plate, add butter, syrup, powdered sugar, or whatever you prefer. Repeat two more times until bread and egg mixture are used. Serves 3*.

*We had three people in our camp, so these recipes are all for three people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil