Tilapia Florentine

Thanks to an unintentional memory nudge from a friend, I actually remembered to pull a filet of tilapia from the freezer. Holy cow, pre-planning. Who would've expecting me to capable of it when I'm just cooking for myself? Certainly not me! Anyway, tilapia thawed, I had originally considered using it with loads of capers like I usually do. But then I thought I'd do something different with it. In the spirit of trying to use up some of the things hiding out in the freezer, I opted to look for some veggies I normally don't pair with tilapia. In the end, I settled on corn and spinach. It was a surprisingly refreshing dish. The vegetable medley on its own was really delicious, so it might make a nice vegan or vegetarian side dish. I hope you enjoy!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin into half moons
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
salt and pepper

1 cup frozen corn
1 1/4 cup frozen spinach
grated zest and juice of 2 limes
salt and pepper to taste
1 tilapia filet (4-6 ounces)

Add oil, onion and celery (plus salt and pepper to taste) in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes. Put corn, spinach and grated zest in the pan and season, then cook 7-10 minutes. Add seasoned tilapia to the top of the veggies, then pour lime juice all over the whole thing. Cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Serves 1.

Sorry about how bad the picture is - I didn't realise I'd taken a horrible picture until I was more than half way done eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil