Sausage and Lima Beans

I found some lima beans in the pantry, which was a pleasant surprise. After cooking them, I figured I could eat them happily with the second half of the sausage link I had thawed out. It turned out that while I'd forgotten to buy onions, I did still have a couple shallots so I used one of those. If you have onion you can use that instead. Like always, this should be treated flexibly to accommodate what's in your house. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 cup each: sliced celery (with leaves), carrot, shallot
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon rosemary infused olive oil (or regular olive oil)

1/2 pounds sausage of your choice, sliced
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon each: garlic, pickle brine

1 8-ounce can tomato sauce (or a cup of BBQ sauce, which I would've used if I'd remembered I had it)
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon each: marjoram, aleppo pepper (substitution: cayenne, though use less)
1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) lima beans

2 small mild flavoured pickles, chopped (optional)

In a saucepan, combine oil, celery, carrot, shallot, salt and pepper. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Add sausage, honey, garlic and pickle brine, then cook another 6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir in chopped pickle (optional) and serve. Serves 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil