Crab Salad

Ok, it's really krab salad. Normally I would turn my nose at fake crab and refuse to eat it. But we're doing this diet thing, and fake crab has no calories (nearly). Plus, it was only $1.50 for a pound. I can live with some flavoured cod for that price. When you make this, I know you will use real crab instead, to amplify the deliciousness of this salad. This is a dry salad, because I wanted the ingredients to be able to do the talking rather than the dressing as the focus (y'know... for when I make this with crab and not cod). I hope you enjoy!

1 pound crab
1 green onion, thickly cut (except the bulb - cut that thin)
2 cups roughly diced cucumber
1 stalk celery, roughly diced
1/2 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
1/2 cup each: coarsely chopped basil, mint
1/4 cup chopped tarragon

Mix, then stir in dressing until everything is lightly coated.

Dressing:

freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon honey
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Crystal's, because that's P's favourite)
1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
1-2 tablespoons chopped capers
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or sur creme - up to you)

Whisk together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil