Tomato Salad

This is one of my favourite salads in the world. I like to make it for myself and eat it, and it always goes over well when I serve it as an appetiser to guests. Plus it's super easy to make.

3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
¼ red onion, sliced paper thin
½ bottle oil-packed feta cheese (this is my favourite cheese for this recipe, but you can use any feta)
1½ tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons oil from feta
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 – 6 basil leaves, chiffonaded

Arrange tomato slices on plate then season with salt and pepper. Top with onion slices, feta and capers. Drizzle oil and vinegar and sprinkle basil all over. Serves 6-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil