Roasted Vegetable Primavera

This is a sort of "sick food" for me. Mainly because it's light and it requires almost no work to prepare.

1 leek (I just used the white, since I'd used the green elsewhere), cut in half then sliced into 1" chunks
2 parsnips, peeled, cut in half and sliced into 1" chunks
2 carrots, peeled, cut in half and sliced into 1" chunks
2 cups sliced red cabbage
2 celery stalks, cut into 1" chunks
Splash orange blossom water
Splash red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste (I used around 1 teaspoon salt, and .5 teaspoon pepper)

1 6.5-ounce package spinach linguine (or pasta of your choice)

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable broth
.25 cup chopped fresh mint
Dash freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400F. Cut up and wash veggies. Pour them all onto a sheet pan, then add salt, pepper, orange blossom water, vinegar and vegetable oil. Roast for 40 minutes. 25 minutes into the roasting, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, then add butter, olive oil, lemon juice, broth, mint and nutmeg to the pot you cooked the pasta in (I realise some people may want to do this in steps, and if you're on of them, please do so. I, on the other hand, feel like crap and so I just tossed it all in the pot at one time) and bring to a boil, then let reduce by about a quarter of its original volume. Add in pasta and roasted vegetables, then mix well. Serves 2.

I served this with sliced cucumbers that had a light vinaigrette drizzled on them, and orange wedges. Let's all be proud I remembered to take a picture, for a change!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil