Stewed Peach Pancake Topping

As much as we all love cabbage, today I'm stepping away from it for a very simple peach topping. These are delicious over pancakes, spooned over a simple pound cake or eaten with gems. You all are so creative I bet you could give me another billion uses for this simple recipe. I believe my original intention was actually to make a small batch (one jar's worth) of peach jam but then something happened in my brain and we got this instead. Hope you enjoy!

5 peaches, pitted and sliced somewhat thickly (1/2 inch thick slices is roughly what I did)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup vanilla sugar (or you could use regular sugar and a touch of extract, or just regular sugar)
pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter
1/8 cup chopped crystallised ginger

Mix together peaches, lemon, sugar and salt and let sit on the counter for an hour or two. Slide it all into a skillet and cook over low heat until the peaches are soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add butter and ginger and cook another 10-15 minutes. Serves 2-4 as a topping or 2 just by itself.

Comments

  1. When reading your opening sentence to a friend, she replied "Peach topping... TO PUT ON CABBAGE!" :-P This looks delicious, whether or not cabbage is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome reply, Dea-chan. It sounds so gross and yet, I'm curious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil