Mast-o-Musir

This is one of my favourite dips. It's very, very easy to make and tastes great. I prefer to eat it at room temperature, but you can eat it cold as well. Generally, I take some pita or other flat bread, get a good glob of this on it, then top it with some sabzi (I use a mix of mint, scallion and parsley, usually) and sometimes with a little chunk of feta as well. It's wonderfully delicious and simple. Hope you enjoy!

1 cup yogurt (I either use Greek or Arabic yogurt, depending on where I was shopping that week)
1 large shallot, minced finely (you may use more if you're into heavy shallot flavour)
2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and let sit at least one hour so the flavours can meld. Serves 2-8.

I still can't find my camera, as an aside. It's somewhere in my car, and hopefully sometime soon I'll figure out exactly where.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil