Tangy Home Fries

I love potatoes, but I usually forget. I've probably told you that before, though (the downside to absent-mindedness?). Today, P asked if I'd make some breakfast food. So we decided to have potatoes and eggs (over hard).

2-3 potatoes (mine were small), finely diced
3 scallions, sliced thickly
2 tablespoons each: butter, olive oil
large pinch each: aleppo pepper, sumac, salt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses

Melt butter into the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, seasoned with the salt, pepper and sumac and cook, around 15 minutes (some people par boil potatoes first, but I like to watch tv while I cook them, so I do it turtle-style). Add lemon and pomegranate molasses and continue to cook another 15 minutes. Add scallions and cook until done. Serves 2.

Comments

  1. I could TOTALLY go for this...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darius,

    Thanks so much, and congratulations on your new site!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil