Spaghetti with Beet Greens

I did this with turnip greens lately, but it went horribly wrong. I'm not sure what went wrong, I only know that it was so bad, we tossed the food and ordered pizza. So here we are again, except today I have beet greens (which honestly, I prefer over turnip). And that it's not disgusting this time. Enjoy!

1 bunch beet greens
2 tablespoons each: olive oil, butter, lemon juice
1/2 onion, sliced very thin
salt to taste
8 ounces spaghetti or fettucini (I thought I had fettucini, which is what I wanted, but I was out), cooked according to package directions
1/2 preserved lemon, sliced very thin

Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Add onion and some salt, then cook down a bit. Add greens, salt, lemon juice and preserved lemon. Cook down, then add pasta and toss together. Serves 2.

Comments

  1. I could totally go for this - it looks fantastic!

    -Darius
    www.everydaycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what a great idea! So fresh and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darius,

    Greens and pasta is one of my favourites for days when I just want something fresh and nutritious. Thanks!

    Astra,

    That's EXACTLY how I view this dish. I really love the contrast of the beet greens and the lemon, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil