Tuna and White Bean Salad

As I'd mentioned Saturday, I still had some beans left to eat, and that I intended to put them together with the tuna salad I wanted to make (the same salad, by the way, that caused me to go over budget). So, here we are. Makin' tuna salad. I did this one a little differently than I normally would, because I didn't want to lose the specialness of the beans in there. If that makes sense. I don't really know how better to express my thoughts on the whole, beans and tuna combination. Mostly, I excluded the majority of the spices I normally put into tuna salad, and swapped them out for the beloved za'atar blend. It perfectly accented the flavours in the salad. And, for those of you who don't think mayonnaise is disgusting and should only be used as a binder, feel free to increase the amount in there. Hope you enjoy!

2 cans tuna (I use water packed), drained
1 cup cooked white beans
1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 pickle, finely diced
1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon creole mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon za'atar seasoning
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all together. Chill, then eat on bread or with a spoon. Makes about 3 cups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil