Lemony Potato Salad

I got some teeny tiny potatoes recently. They were each about the size of my thumbnail. Too cute for words, really. I thought for a while about what I wanted to do with them, and ultimately I decided on a salad. It's warming up here in Houston, so my thoughts are slowly meandering over to lighter foods. Potatoes don't really qualify as "light" in most cases, but I thought if I freshened it up with some lemon, herbs and summery veggies, it'd be light but still substantial. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 pound baby potatoes (about the size of a thumbnail)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup diced cucumbers
1 small tomato, diced
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1/8 cup chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)

Heat oven to 400F. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and olive oil, then roast until soft, 20-30 minutes. Cool slightly, then combine with remaining ingredients (including the oil used to roast the potatoes) and eat warm or cold. Serves 2 as a side or 1 as a meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil