Venetian Hot Chocolate

I need to start this post by saying that the quantities are approximate. I mostly eye-balled this, with only a desire for delicious, thick, rich, almost pudding-like and slightly bitter hot chocolate in the Venetian style. This is what I got, and I'm really pleased. It's a very serious hot chocolate, with no whipped cream, marshmallows or frivolity. It's just good. It coats the tongue and burns slightly because I'm too impatient to let it cool enough. For me, it's what I need on a chilly evening. Especially with the risotto that doesn't seem to want to get done fast enough (always the problem with risotto I suppose). So, here y'all go - hope you enjoy!

1/2 cup cream
2 cups milk
1/8 cup vanilla sugar (or regular granulated)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 - 1 1/2 cups grated chocolate or chocolate chips

Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and put on the stove over medium heat. Heat until it starts to simmer slightly. Whisk continuously until it is thick and looks like it would be pudding if you added cornstarch. Serve with or without whipped cream (I go without). Serves 2 if you're greedy like I am, or 4 if you're normal with your hot chocolate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil