Hi. I just wanted to pop in and tell you guys I really haven't been cooking lately. Over spring break, P and I went to Dallas to visit our friend D, and we ate stupid amounts of meat. Since we've been home, I've been slammed with homework, preparing to be the dramaturg for a play on the 16th, getting things set up for my school transfer in the fall and baking. A lot. Usually, I make these ridiculous batches of bread dough, and I freeze most of the dough. But with Pesach coming along, I've been trying to bake it all so I don't have to throw it away. In terms of eating, I have to admit, we've been eating mostly foods I've canned before ( meat sauce mainly), simple pastas (though mostly w/ sauteed mushrooms and preserved lemons lately, as it's quicker). Or eating fast food. Oh, and I found some breaded chicken in the freezer, so we had "oven wings" and oven fries one day. Tomorrow I intend to make several salads (my parsley is bolting, so I ...
Such a great idea, keeping track of your food waste! This is an important issue indeed - thank you for inspiring us!
ReplyDeleteAstra,
ReplyDeleteI can't take credit - I was inspired by thefrugalgirl.com to start tracking it more actively! But this project has made me so much more aware of how food is consumed in my house which is definitely a good thing.