Potato and Cheese Crusted Eggplant

This one is not my recipe. I saw it on livejournal and thought it sounded amazing (though I wanted to put quantities to the ingredients). I had just purchased an eggplant when I saw this recipe, and though I'd originally intended to do an eggplant and black bean (of course!) stir fry, this seemed like an exciting new thing to try. Hope you enjoy!

1 globe eggplant
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons butter (I used salted because I have some and want to save my unsalted for baking)
1 cup each: dried potato flakes, grates parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400F. While oven is heating, put butter in a baking dish and melt the butter in the heating oven. Peel the eggplant and slice it into 1/2" rounds. Feel free to cut the larger rounds in half. Whisk together egg, salt and pepper. Combine potato flakes and cheese in another bowl/plate. Dip eggplant into egg mixture, then coat in the potato/cheese mixture. Place rounds in preheated pan. Bake 10 minutes, then flip the eggplants and bake another 10 minutes. Serves 2.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful combo for breading. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious. With the leftover breading mix, I just made them into mashed potatoes and found they were good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm officially hungry looking at this and the other great recipes!

    -Julie at Mamapedia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie

    It looks delicious and I'm going to give it a try real soon.
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abu Fares,

    No problem at all! I'm always happy to spread the word about this dish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil