Sweet Potato and Rosemary Penne

Sorry to have been absent so long. Between a pile of pears I've been canning, a touch of nausea and several botched meals (bad kitchen juju these days!), I've had nothing to say, really. But tonight I did not fail in the kitchen, and that makes me smile. I hope you enjoy it!

2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 onion, diced
salt to taste
8 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions
1-1 1/2 cups white beans, cooked with a sprig of rosemary (if using canned, ignore the rosemary sprig, of course)
2 cups finely grated parmesan
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Infuse the rosemary in the oil over very low heat for 15 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes (and season it) and increase the heat to medium low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, then add the onions (season again) and cook another 15-20 minutes (until the sweet potato is cooked through). Add the beans and penne and toss lightly, then stir in the lemon and parmesan and heat through. Serves 2.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're back - and with a bang. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better. ((hugs))

    This looks like such a great combination of flavors and textures! I love rosemary.

    Thank you for sharing the recipe. ~m.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil