Saturday, July 02, 2011

Saturday Spending

Well, when the dam breaks, it really breaks. I went to the grocery store and kind of lost my mind in there a little bit. I bought a lot. I did need the stuff I got, though I completely forgot to buy eggs. Thankfully, July is a new month so I can buy eggs now. :)

So here's what I spent at Fiesta:

$1.50 - tortilla chips for nachos
$1.89 - bagels
$1.99 - cheese (cheddar)
$1.99 - cheese (blend)
$2.19 - cheese (parm)
$3.51 - whole chicken
$1.69 - 2 cans chicken broth
$2.19 - sugar
$2.19 - cheese (cheddar)
$1.00 - cheese (moz)
$1.18 - corn
$1.99 - salsa
$1.00 - ramen (I know, I know)
$3.22 - apples
$0.35 - zucchini
$1.99 - cream cheese
$0.86 - oranges
$1.62 - eggplant
$2.80 - lychee
$0.99 - cantaloupe
$0.97 - nectarine
$3.38 - apricots
$0.34 - guava
$0.99 - honeydew
$0.84 - plums

Totals:

Money spent: $39.50
Monthly allotment: $40
Amount over monthly allotment for June: $6.71
Remaining balance: $0

All in all, I'm going to call that a win, even though I went $7 over my monthly budget. I hadn't bought groceries since April, and if I can get away spending under fifty dollars for groceries over the course of two months, I feel pretty okay with not having stuck 100% to the monthly budget, since I'm still way under budget for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Sure, you went over, but you also picked up an amazing assortment of fruit and veg. Sure, you could have left out the lychee and maybe something else, but they're *good*, so why bother... You're still ahead, that's better than I can say.

    Also, that's really not bad for a whole chicken. What'cha gonna do with it?

    ReplyDelete