Chick Pea and Cucumber Salad

Last night was the study group for the mid-term I had today. I love that we always do study groups at my house, because it means I get to make lots of food and everyone is well fed while working. I made meatballs, fresh bread (I honestly don't have a recipe to give you for this, but I basically just pour "enough" flour into a bowl, add in some salt and yeast, then mix it together with some room temperature water until it feels right. Then I knead, let rise, shape, let rise, bake) and this salad.

Although the base of this recipe uses beans, I still wanted it to be light and fresh tasting. To that end, I kept the dressing simpler than even I usually do, and really just tried to let each individual ingredient speak for itself, as well as speaking together as a group. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 pound chick peas, cooked and cooled (or two cans)
2 leaves red cabbage, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
1/8 cup parsley, chopped
salt to taste
1 teaspoon white wine or citrus vinegar
2 tablespoons each: lemon juice, vegetable oil

Mix all together. Chill. Serves 4.

Comments

  1. Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think it is not a very difficult recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, masini second! Please let me know if you enjoy it once you've made it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil