Chicken and Acorn Squash Tagine

I had some chicken, and some acorn squash. I also had a bag of ras eh-hanout that had been sent to me by my friend Warda. I wanted to use them in some way, so I decided to do a tagine. Technically, this isn't really a tagine, since I used a different pan, but we'll all pretend anyway. I really enjoyed this meal, and I hope you all enjoy it as well!

2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch ras el-hanout
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon harissa

2 chicken breasts, cut into 2" pieces
1 small acorn squash, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon ras el-hanout
1/2 cup olives
1 preserved lemon, chopped
1 can chicken broth

Heat oven to 350F. Fry the celery, bell pepper, onion in the oil, ras el-hanout, tomato paste and harissa. Add to tagine. Rub remaining ras el-hanout into chicken and squash, then add those and all remaining ingredients to the tagine. Cover and bake for one hour. Serves 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil