Chicken Kebab (with Spice Mixture Recipe)

So I have you sauces, but I didn't give you the chicken. That was rude of me, wasn't it? I think y'all have figured out that I'm kind of a lazy procrastinator, so it's probably not much of a surprise to you. Well, I'm a lazy procrastinator on a normal day; during a period of time where I'm recovering from a kidney infection as I prepare for midterms, I don't even have a proper label for how sloth-like I really do become. Regardless, here's the chicken.

This recipe is listed as a kebab recipe, and that's really how it should be. But y'all should know I didn't actually MAKE this properly. I was lazy and tired and so I just grilled the chicken before cutting it up, and I certainly didn't skewer it. But the concept is the same, and y'all will do it properly so each little succulent bit of chicken (and how often do I call chicken succulent?) is individually spiced and seared. Right? Well, maybe you won't. So I'll put down both ways. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Kebab Spice Mix:

2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon each: tumeric, allspice berries, coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon each: dried bergamot (or regular orange) peel, cumin seeds

Toast these over low heat on the stove until they're fragrant, then blend/grind them up.

1 pound chicken breast or tenders
1 onion, peeled, cut into eighths lengthwise, with the blossom end trimmed but not removed
olive oil
salt to taste

Cut the chicken into bite sized bits (or not). Lightly coat with olive oil, then rub salt and kebab spices onto the chicken. Thread pieces onto a skewer (or not) and put on a grill heated to very high heat. Rub the cut sides of the onion with olive oil and salt, then put on the grill. Grill until cooked to completion, then serve with toum. Serves 2-4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil