Vegetable Couscous

One of the other things I like to eat while P is out of town is couscous. Again, it's simple to prepare, but more importantly, it's one of those things I don't eat often when P is here because he doesn't like Moroccan couscous. Anytime he's out of town I try to take advantage of the opportunity to load up on couscous. This is a simple meal to prepare, but also works very well when you just need a side dish (instead of a full meal, as I'm using it for). Hope you enjoy!

1/8 cup dried mushrooms (I used king oyster but you should use what you have)
1/8 cup dried rutabaga (optional)
3/4 cup boiling water
5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth and reserved liquid (total; the vegetable broth should make up the difference lacking from the reserved liquid)
1/4 preserved lemon, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
2 dried lime
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/3 cups couscous

Pour boiling water over mushrooms and rutabaga, then let sit for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Dice mushrooms. Combine reserved liquid, vegetable broth, mushrooms, rutabaga, sun-dried tomatoes, preserved lemon, corn, dried limes, salt and pepper, then bring to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil if desired. Serves 1-2 for a meal, or 2-4 as a side.

Comments

  1. I did not know of this! I am going to give this a try because it seems super healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmhouse,

    I really hope you enjoy it! I love the little couscous, because it's healthy and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil