Mashed Potato Topping

Well, you guys may have noticed in previous posts that I eat a lot of random stuff when P is out of town and I'm on my own. One of the things I normally don't admit to eating copious amounts of when I'm by myself is potato flake mashed potatoes. I primarily because I never have fresh potatoes on hand (and I like to use canned potatoes for other things), but also I eat them because they're fast to make, can be made in single portions easily and because technically, dairy + potato = nutritionally complete meal. Sometimes I really like to top my potatoes with something (loads of mashed potatoes really can get boring sometimes), though, and today is one of those days. These toppings are convenient and easy to make, and I often make them out of scraps of produce that I need to use but simply haven't gotten around to yet. It's easily modified for whatever produce you have on hand, and of course it's great on "real" mashed potatoes as well. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 - 3/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup sliced celery
3 sliced cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Heat the pan over low-to-medium and add butter and oil. When butter is melted, double check to make sure you're not frying any butter wrapper, then add the celery, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Fry for 5 minutes, then add the lemon and fry another 5 minutes. Serves 1.

Comments

  1. Vincent,

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for the invitation! I've signed up and also have added my blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil