Fennel and Greens

I fried up some scallops last night (they were dressed in flour, fenugreek, salt, pepper, paprika and... something else; in the manner I think I've posted previously), and made some greens and Brazilian cheese bread for dinner last night. I'm just posting the greens today, though technically they're only half green. I didn't take any pictures, because I was famished.

1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 large bulb fennel, sliced
1/4 cup diced onion

bundle of purslane
bundle of spinach
1/4-1/2 cup mint leaves, left whole
1/4 cup each: vegetable broth, lemon juice
salt and pepper if needed

Sweat oil, salt, pepper, onion and fennel over low heat until they are almost translucent. Add in remaining ingredients and wilt the greens. Serves 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil