Wraps

Sometimes, I live on wraps. Lately, I've been having my 4am snack wrap (which is not really a snack). I like wraps because they're easier to hold than sandwiches, when you have a lot of stuff in them. One of my favourite places for wraps is Banana Crepe in San Jose, CA. They make their wraps with crepes, which are simply divine.

Anyway, I've been stuck on this one specific wrap the last few days, so I thought I'd share:

1 tortilla (2 if you're really hungry)
3 pieces hard salami (I'm using the oscar meyer brand hard salami for this)
4 pickle slices
1 slice of oil and herb soaked mozzarella, cut into a 1/4" thick round (I buy this mozzarella at Phoenecia, but if you can't find some you can always make up a mix of herbes and oil and marinate your mozzarella in it yourself)
1 teaspoon mustard (sometimes I use whole grain, sometimes American style)

Lay one tortilla down and put a strip of mustard in the middle. Cover mustard with two slices of salami. Top the salami with the cheese, and center it on the salami. Put the last slice of salami on top of the cheese to cover it. Add pickles to all this, then roll it up. If you're really hungry, wrap a second tortilla around it.

This is so dense I feel completely satisfied when I'm done eating it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil