Dinner Salad

I've got all these breaded chicken breasts in the freezer, and frankly, I'm tired of chicken parmesan now. My appetite has been depressed, so I've been trying to pack as many calories as possible into each meal. I've been getting a ton of exercise lately by "spring cleaning" my house, so I wanted to make sure it was a protein dense meal. But today I really just wanted a salad, and oddly, with iceberg. So I decided to combine them.

8 ounces chicken breast (I used breaded, you use what you want)
2 new potatoes, cut into sixths
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
1/2 roma tomato, cut into six lengthwise wedges
1 hardboiled egg, quartered
1 carrot, cut on a bias
2 ounces crumbled feta

Heat oven to 375F. Toss potato wedges in oil and paprika, then put on a baking sheet. Add chicken and cook 22 minutes, turning once. Allow to cool for a few minutes.

Put all but feta on the plate. When potatoes are cool enough, add them, then slice the chicken. Top with chicken and feta, then add dressing. Serves 1.

Dressing:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
dash oregano
dash sumac
1 teaspoon crumbled feta

Shake well.

I forgot to take a picture, sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil