Sick Potato

Well, it turns out I've got a fever. My lymph nodes are swollen, and I'm a little nauseated, dizzy and headachy (though the headache is likely due to lack of caffeine). I know I need to eat, but the idea of standing in the kitchen for more than 5 minutes is pretty much out. Yeah... because I'd mainly rather not eat than actually actively cook today. Roasted vegetables, to the rescue. Nutritive, filling, and no work.

1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 medium-sized red potato, cut into 9 slices
salt and pepper to taste
omani (crushed lemon - you can use lemon pepper instead, which is not the same but which does taste good) to taste
1 stalk celery, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1.5" strips
1 small (tiny!) onion, sliced into rings
1 teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
1 teaspoon citrus vinegar of your choice (or just use balsamic, which is also nice)
1-2 tablespoons evoo

Put the sesame oil in a small casserole dish and swish it to coat the bottom. Add a layer of potato, then top w/ salt, pepper and omani. Then top with half the celery and onion. Repeat. Drizzle with orange water, vinegar and oil. Normally I'd bake this at 400F for about 20 minutes, but today I needed to sleep more so I cooked it at 350F for 70 minutes. Serves 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil