Loquat Muffins

I have some loquat preserves in the fridge from the last season, and I always forget I have it so I never use it. When I woke up excessively early today, I decided it might be nice to make some jam muffins, and the loquats were open so I went with that. Y'all could use any sort of jam (or fruit) you wanted, though. Hope you enjoy!

Whisk together:

1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

In a separate container, whisk together:

1 egg
1/4 cup each: oil, yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400F. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Put into a greased (or lined) muffin pan, then top with a dollop of jam or preserves. If your preserves are very thick like mine are, you may wish to push them down a little into the batter with your thumb. If they're thinner, they should disburse a bit on their own. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 10-ish regular sized muffins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil