The Heart of Excess (Steak)

I've kind of been in a funk lately, mostly due to my summer break being shockingly more stressful than I expected. P decided that what we really needed to feel rejuvenated was a treat - something excessive and luxurious. So we went to the butcher and had them cut us a 2" thick porterhouse steak. It weighed 2.9 pounds and was utterly delicious. We also learned that Francis is allergic to something I used in the marinade. We ate it with a simple potato salad.

Marinade:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon each: coriander seed, thyme

Let the steak marinate for two hours (mine was in a bowl, so I flipped it after one hour). Grill. Serves ... well, this steak served 4 plus dog.

Before grill:



After grill (kind of a dark picture):

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil