Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Waffles

I'd been craving waffles in the craziest of ways lately, but I didn't have an iron and I didn't really want to get one since I hate having "unitaskers" in my kitchen. Finally I decided that I could get an iron, but only if I made waffles at least twice a week. So that's been happening. As an added bonus, it turns out that Ilana really likes waffles (hard to believe she eats solid foods now) so once she's on three meals a day, waffles will be her weekday breakfast since it only takes seven minutes from the moment you start mixing the batter until the first waffle or two is out of the iron. This variety of waffles happened because she doesn't like white pumpkin (she does like yellow pumpkin) and so I have a bunch of white pumpkin puree that needs to be used up (she'll eat her pumpkin if it's in waffles, though). The chocolate chips were added since Ross has been munching on them by the handful recently. Hope you enjoy!

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons brown sugar (unpacked)

1 cup each: milk, cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup (or up to 1 cup) pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted and cooled
1/2-3/4 cups chocolate chips

Whisk together the first group of ingredients. Whisk together the second group of ingredients, then add to the dry group. Fold in melted butter, then the chocolate chips. Put the amount of batter recommended by your manufacturer's directions in the waffle iron and cook. Repeat until all the batter is used. Makes about 8 Belgian waffles. Serve with syrup and a light sprinkle of powdered sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil