Bergamot-Cranberry Muffins

I didn't get around to making breakfast pastries this morning, and since my intention is to sleep in tomorrow, I know I won't do them in the morning then either. So I decided to go ahead and throw together some bergamot-cranberry muffins so Ross will have foods to take with him for breakfast. It's a pretty standard muffin set-up, with a little extra. Hope you enjoy!

1 cup milk (I only had soy milk for some reason, which is weird since neither of us drink soy milk, so I used that)
1 large egg
1/2 cup bergamot juice (you could use lemon, or any other citrus for this)
1/4 vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar (reduce this if using a sweet citrus)

2-ish cups flour (I admit, I did not measure very carefully, so it was somewhere between 2 and 2 1/4 cups)
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder (see flour measuring above)
1 cup whole frozen (and thawed if you have time) cranberries

Whisk together everything in the first group of ingredients. Add flour and baking powder and whisk that in until just barely incorporated (if your batter looks smooth when you get done, expect tough muffins), then stir in cranberries. Oil a muffin pan (that's what I do) or put paper liners in the pan, then fill each well with a scant 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 400F for 20-ish minutes. Makes 12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamot Curd

Gems, Lovely Gems

Lentil, Chick Pea and Eggplant Boil